Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default toilet running

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:50:33 -0400, 01dyna wrote:

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 08:44:47 -0500, "John" you
wrote:

So, why not try pulling the refill tube out of the overflow tube
temporarily and see if that lets the flapper drop normally.

If it does, you can figure out the rest....

Live and learn,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

This is one of the best newsgroup responses I've seen in a long time.

John

..why not just reduce the water flow by turning down the faucet handle
under the toilet?

I don't know about that one, but I've has valves that make a loud
noise when only partly open.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"Never underestimate the power of stupid
people in large groups"