Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Residential Grounding and Surge Suppression

In article ,
"John Grabowski" wrote:

That has got to be the oddest ground rod configuration
that I have ever heard of

Aw, I'm crushed! :/

Given I consulted NO guide in building my first grounding "array",
I hope that, at least, "more-is-better" is TRUE in this case.

and quite possibly one of the least effective.

Do you believe that the "array" I installed is less effective than the
SINGLE rod and wire that WOULD have been installed by the same, hurried
electrician that neglected to bond the water system to the electric
service or install the water meter jumper in 1991?

For optimum results, eight foot rods should be at
least sixteen feet apart.

Oh, fer pete's sake. I'm not erecting a broadcast tower!

Everything is a gamble. I expended a little, extra time and built what
I thought was (and still think is) better than what WOULD have been
otherwise installed. Now, with my whole-house suppressor and a
presumably properly operating plug bar system, I'm going to sit back and
enjoy my computer system even more. I can further relax knowing that,
finally, my entire home is "protected" from transient, electrical spikes.
--

JR