Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Waldby James Waldby is offline

Default Air-gaging / was $4 dollar gas and its effects on metalworking

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 13:38:59 -0500, F. George McDuffee wrote:
[Snip George's readable comments]
Many of the "problems" with education are due to its nature as a
continuously "moving target." Think of the problems that would ensue in
the machining trade if the inch used for tolerances kept
changing/shrinking. Processes that were adequate today [CsubPK 1.33]
would be out-of-control tomorrow.

[...]

While looking at a page about Sunnen CNC hones[*] to understand C_pk
I noticed some references to air-gaging systems, which I'm not
familiar with, and for which a minute with Google didn't help much.
Is anyone here an expert re air-gaging systems, whatever they are?
[*] http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...2/ai_n18706000
(which I viewed with some plugins turned off)

-jiw