Posted to alt.home.repair
Marissa Payton[_2_] Marissa Payton[_2_] is offline

Default Going back to candlelight

"Paul M. Eldridge" wrote:

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 16:45:20 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Paul M. Eldridge" wrote in message

There is NO ban on incandescent lamps; the federal government has
simply established minimum efficiency standards similar to what it has
done with selected household appliances.

Not today, but the idea has been brought up on both local and federal
levels.

Hi Edwin,

Maybe so. I don't have a crystal ball so I can't predict the future,
but I can correct falsehoods. The claim was made that Congress had
already passed legislation outlawing these lamps (or is intending to
do so) and that's simply not the case.

Around December 2007, US Congress passed an energy bill that, inter alia,
included the phase out of incandescent 100 Watt light bulbs by 2012. I
expect, but can't predict with absolute certainty, that more flavors of
incandescent bulbs will be phased out in the relatively near future.

http://www.usnews.com/articles/busin...e-know-it.html