Posted to alt.home.repair
glen stark glen stark is offline

Default What would you do?

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:03:45 -0700, Harry K wrote:

Go about your business as usual.

Unless you live in California, or some other state with highly
restrictive gun laws, if he comes over again at 3 AM, draw a weapon
and tell him that if he EVER comes over again, you will shoot him,
kick his sorry ass, pepper spray him, or all three. Â*And mean it.
Immediately call the police and inform them what happened so that
they will not get a call from him shrieking and screaming. Â*When they
come to respond, leave the weapon inside, and calmly explain what
happened.
Â*It's even better if he knocks on the door, and the exchange of
Â*words
happens while you're standing totally inside your house. Â*They will
explain to the idiot that you DO AND DID have the right to shoot
holes in his sorry ass.

Wow.

So, I just have a couple of questions:

1) did the OP try talking to the guy and explaining his point of view to
him in a rational manner? I understand not being able to do so on the
spur of the moment, since it's obviously a surprising and obnoxious
complaint, but I would recommend popping over and attempting a rational
discussion with the guy before pulling a gun on him.

2) What does this have to do with home repair?