Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I plunged, I auged, now I'll reckon I'll rent a snake

Sounds good -- what's the $10 for -- and what do you do with it?

Flush it. Cash excites the plumbing, shaking the clog loose.

Thanks,

David-

10 bucks pays for acid, safety glasses, and plastic gloves. although i
put some acid on my hand and nothing happened, just felt a little
warm, and i rinsed it off.

a friend with a chemistry degree said its no biggie, and it wasnt. i
asked him first

PLUMBERS dont use acid, cause theres no money in it, much more
profitable to install a new toliet

after all the plumber who posted here said he only used it once in 27
years......... once must of been enough to teach him it wasnt
profitable.....

if your contemplating replacing the toilet anyway you have nothing to
lose.

acid works when a bucket of water flushes solids fine and a regular
flush sees water just swirl around.

please post here if it works