Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Citizen Jimserac Citizen Jimserac is offline

Default $4 dollar gas and its effects on metalworking

On Apr 17, 10:18 am, Gunner wrote:
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 06:09:54 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

The young generally didnt give a **** about anything other than sound
bytes with zip data backing those sound bytes up.

Meism and Nowism along with Cliche politics is more their forte.

Gunner

Well, yes - agree. They have largely given up, they have seen their
elders engage in endless vituperative debate, and nothing happens
except things get worse..why should they give a rats arse about the
dinosaurs, thrashing around, making lots of noise, but basically doing
nothing except blaming "someone else"....so, can opening themselves,
listening to sound bites, me too isms - desperately hoping, without
any real conviction, that someone will offer hope and inspiration, not
just more lies and broken promises.........

$4 gas is the least of our problems.....

Given up? The little skulls filled with mush never started. They were
educated to be leftards..which took too much effort so they have
simply become semimoble couch potatos who bow to the latest fashion
trends which make them all look the same, with little incentive to do
anything other than ****, get drunk and have a ready supply of
ringtones to download.

Gunner

And here we see a rare agreement between my views and Gunner's.
BOTH liberals and the right were
involved in the deceptive "re-engineering"
of our educational system over a period of
decades starting over 100 years ago.

Real education, it was decided,
was for the elite classes and
what was needed was a system
of "socialization" and indoctrination
to produce happy non-thinking
obedient worker drones
and cannon fodder for the military.

I MOST strongly
suggest the following book, which
is totally online and free to read with nice chapter
summaries (see link below), written by
a New York public school system
teacher of 30 years who did his research
and exposed the entire dirty
BIG secret (hint: keep an eye on
those benevolent money granting
foundations ) which is
supposed to be a book about our education
system but which, for me, was a whole
lot more, so insightful and incisive are
the author's observations:
"The Underground History of American Education"
by John Taylor Gatto

http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/underground/toc1.htm

Even if you disagree with his idea of how our
educational "system" came to be as it is now,
despite his rather compelling documentation and
arguments, I suspect you will find his
social commentary, and explication of our
modern culture a revelation.

"Those vast violence ridden boredom and envy filled social warehouses
that our education system has become, and the motivations
and theories of those who purposely designed it that way,
eventually substituting the dumbing down of the young
workers to be as a goal superiour to the popularly
expected one of educating the young, are all explained
though the perpetrators of this vast
self aggrandizing deception would probably
prefer to remain in the "background"."
from "The Underground History of American Education"
by John Taylor Gatto

Citizen JImserac