Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Chirping Dryer

gpsman wrote:
On Apr 19, 3:06 pm, dpb wrote:
gpsman wrote:

So, if it needs something again, look and see if the remnants of the old
one aren't still in there.

If it needs anything else it's going to the scrap yard, but I cleaned
out the recess looking for metal shavings and there weren't nothing in
there but a small amount of old dirty grease.

Showing how slow a day it is, I did a search -- the picture looks quite
similar to the bracket on the old ones I've worked on, but two places
had only a full "kit" under your specific model number, not just the
nylon bearing. Since they wanted roughly $40 for that, I might just go
your route instead given the choice. For the ones I've replaced,
the bushing/bearing alone was available for about $6-7.