Posted to alt.home.repair
Marissa Payton Marissa Payton is offline

Default Going back to candlelight

Marissa Payton wrote:

Joseph Meehan wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote in message

Thank our government for controlling our lives down to what light bulbs
we use in our homes. It won't be long before there will be no
incandescent bulbs to be bought.
Bob-tx

Thank the voters that keep electing these morons again and again. Think
about that before you pull the lever in November.

I will and I will vote for the one who is working to conserver energy
and our environment.

Do you think that mandating light bulbs containing MERCURY helps the
environment? Sure, a few people might even attempt to dispose of them
'properly' (whatever happens to them then), but most won't even do that.

I use 100 W light bulbs in a shed, in the garage, and a few places in the
basement where they might be on a few hours per year. The energy savings from
replacing these with the Mercury bulbs are nil, but the environment damage
from producing/handling/disposing Mercury will be the same as bulbs that go
anywhere else. The Congresspeople really didn't think this out to thoroughly
(shocking, I know) but I guess it "feels" better to mandate this nonsense for
everyone else.

Correction: The above sentence should read "didn't think this out too
thoroughly..."