Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Jeff D. Jeff D. is offline

Default plywood deflection rating

Thanks for the suggestions, the sagulator is a great resource. Looks like
3/4 plywood with 2" edging front and back will work nicely.
I checked into steel shelving but the cost (discounting my labor) was higher
and couldn't find anything flexible enough to fit the space I'm using.

"ransley" wrote in message
On Apr 18, 9:27 am, "Jeff D." wrote:
I'm building a wall of storage shelving for my 45 record collection (appx.
20,000). The records are stored 200/box and each box is 16x8x9, weighing
15lbs. Will 3/4" plywood shelving 4 feet long support this load without
deflecting, each shelve will be loaded to 75lbs with supports on the ends
only.

It might be cheaper and less work to get steel pre made shelves