Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Vexing plumbing problem

On Apr 18, 7:37*pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

On 2008-04-19, wrote:

replace the galvanized with PEX quick easy permanent solution, add
valves to isolate each fixture in case of future troubles.........

PEX is not approved in the OP's location. *Wayne

How do you know that? I didn't see him give a location.

Edwin-

Wayne live is a community known to outsiders as "The People's Republic
of Berkeley" as does Dan, if my memory of previous posts is correct.

This being true, though the "Save the Bay" folks recommend the use of
PEX over copper (new or re-piping) to reduce copper loading (due to
erosion & oxidation) to SF bay.........

PEX appears not to be approved by California statewide but is still
ok'd on a city by city or project by project basis. And Berkeley is
a holdout.

cheers
Bob