Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] man@privacy.net is offline

Default Vexing plumbing problem

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:15:08 -0500, dpb wrote:

:
:A filter would probably solve the problem -- it's pretty clear it has to
:be in the hot line. I'd not rule out the recently completed work has
:disturbed old piping and still getting some particulate from that.
:
:It would, imo, be highly likely that removing the galvanized would
robably solve the problem although w/ time it'll either go away as
:finish flushing out the system completely or it'll get worse if you
:actually have a portion of that line that is actively deteriorating and
:is the source.

"A filter would probably solve the problem..."

There IS a filter at the about-one-year-old Noritz Model N-069M-OD
tankless gas-powered externally installed water heater. They said to
clean it out occasionally, maybe every 6 months. I've cleaned it at
least a couple of times. I'm going to go out there now and clean it
again. Don't know that it will do any good. It's a fine metal screen.

I just cleaned it out. It's a very fine screen, but it's installed just
before the water enters the heater. It had a fair amount of particles in
it of varying sizes, from very tiny to relatively large. Nowhere near
enough to slow down the flow, though. I'd have to think that what's
causing the drip didn't come through that filter, though. Well, I'd be
surprised if it did.

Dan