Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default What would you do?

Oren wrote in
:

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 14:55:11 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Harry K wrote:
On Apr 17, 6:50 am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Smitty Two wrote:

You really do hate everyone, don't you Steve? Or have I just
missed all your posts where you advocate diplomacy and
citizenship? In the United States of America, your rights *end*
where the other guy's nose begins. Somehow you seem to forget that
that concept applies to BOTH parties. That principle is one of key
foundations of civilization.

Ah, no. The other guy's rights end where my property begins (at
least some of them):

Texas Penal Code 9.42 DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to
protect land or tangible, movable property:
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force
is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary,
robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or
criminal mischief during the nighttime...

And Texas is one of the few ?the only? state to have such a liberal
policy, deadly force to protect property, In any case, the
happenings mentioned in the OP don't even come close to meeting
those criteria.

"Officer, when he came to my door, his fly was open (like it is now),
and his equipment was sticking out (like it is now), and he had this
hatchet in his hand, and he screamed 'I'm gonna kill you and **** your
dead eye-socket', and I, in fear of my life, discharged by weapon in
an effort to stop the attack."

Now if the guy was a door to door hatchet salesman and you shot him;
opened his fly and adjusted his equipment, you would go to jail.

Dead men do testify now. If they find your DNA on his equipment,
you're in a heap of trouble.

amazing how some would lie to the police and falsify a crime scene after
murdering someone.
(murder:the wrongful killing of another person)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik