Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.food.cooking,sci.chem,misc.consumers.frugal-living
JonL JonL is offline

Default Removing non-stick coating to salvage a pan?

The Real Bev wrote:
Bob F wrote:

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote:

Actually, the only things I've seen that seemed remotely credible
was:

1. When heated to excess, some types of nonstick coatings can
release fumes that are toxic to birds.

2. If you don't use the nonstick pan like an idiot, you're in no
danger.

I'm really looking for a citation in the New England Journal of
Medicine, the Lancet, or peer-reviewed toxicology journals. Perhaps
I'll see what I can find. It seems to me that the burden of proof is
on the person making the claims, however.

Unless, of course, if you value your health and your families health.

I see. You can also protect your family's health by eating 1 pound of
raw fish,

Depends on the source. Alabama started doing their own testing of
imported fish. Half the fish from China are rejected, due to high levels
of various chemicals.
These (artificially-fattened)farm-raised fish, especially salmon, are
not a good alternative. They're loaded with PCB's, dioxins, toxaphene,
dieldrin, , lindane, heptachlor epoxide, , , Mirex, endrin ,DDT, maybe
even STP, too (??)

half a pound of rice and 4 ounces of raisins per day AND
NOTHING ELSE because all other food is poison. Why? Because I said so.

Imo, just stuff yourself with (organic) brown rice & broccoli every day.

I don' need no steenkin' peer review.

Ditto! Peers are sorta like "manchurian" scientists.

They all learn (and don't learn) the same things.