Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Retaining Wall

lanman wrote:
I have a property on a corner lot which has a perimeter on two
street-facing sides of more than 300 feet. The lawns on these two
sides slope down to sidewalks on a steep enough angle that it makes
lawn mowing and erosion a problem.

I would like to build a small retaining wall, and I am looking for
suggestions on how to keep the cost reasonable. One contractor gave me
a price of $40K for a 3 foot wall using natural field stone. I'm
hoping I can get something attractive for less. I don't particularly
like the look of manufactures blocks. I have seen some decorative
poured concrete which looks pretty good driving by at 25 mph.

Any ideas/suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks....

Footer
Block
Stucco (optional) colored or not
Cap
Paint (if no colored stucco)

Where I live you could get that done for about $3000 if you paint it
yourself

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...