Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default What would you do?

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"Major D." wrote in message
My neighbor came over to ask me, if I could be a little more quiet
when I come home. Apparently, he doesn't like the sound of my vehicle
coming up the drive, or the garage door opening and closing. I get
home about 3 in the morning, I drive a car with a quiet muffler, and
there's absolutely nothing wrong with my garage door!

This coming from a guy with a stack of lawnmowers in his back yard,
tarps all over the place, plywood laying around. Basically, he has a
dump! I know one of the neighbors called the city on him.

Besides holding myself back from punching this idiot in the face, I'm
about to join the rest of the neighbors, in an effort to run this
jerk out of town.

What would you do?

You have a few options.
Change jobs to one with hours that coincide with his sleep time
Buy a new car
Leave the car in the driveway
Offer to soundproof his bedroom windows

Build a HIGH solid-wall fence between his house and yours.
to "block the noise"...
Maybe plant a nice tall hedge,too,if HOA bylaws permit it.

My favorite is:
Smile, thank him for letting you know of the problem, and then ignore
the SOB.

That's about all "Major D" can realistically do about it.

The complainer has to solve his sensitivity problem himself.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik