Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheri Cheri is offline

Default What would you do?

Jim Yanik wrote in message ...speaking of complaining neighbors and
noise

I'd suggest the disturbed neighbor buy one of those white noise

generators
that mask common noises.
Sharper Image or other similar companies sell them.

Or just tune a bedside radio to a blank AM station for white

noise,set the
volume to a low level that lets him sleep,and masks the outside

noise.
Then he doesn't need earplugs.(and will be able to hear smoke
alarms,ringing phones,the morning wake-up alarm...)

I use a fan and a white noise machine. I live very close to a
Walgreen's, and they mask the noise very well. The only real problem I
can see, is that I would never hear someone breaking into my home,
however I do have a large dog inside. :-)

Cheri