Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Breakers compatible with Federal Pacific Stab-Lok Load Center

cmyers wrote:
Anyway, if anyone is familiar with the FPE Stab-Lok load center, I'd
appreciate some advice about the 100amp breaker. I've found the
NA2100 (Type NA, 2 poles, 100 amp) breakers, but I'm not sure if this
is the one I need for this breaker box or not. My existing breakers
are type NC. Apparently the type NB breakers bolt in ("B" is for
"Bolt" obviously). I have found several of the 30amp or less breakers
as type NC, but anything over that seem to be type NA. I just want to
know if the NA2100 will work in my box...or if you need more
information to make that determination.

I _believe_ all NA and NC are allowed in any FPE panel that takes one or
the other, but the real answer is on the sticker on the inside of your
panel -- it will list the allowable breakers it accepts.

I'm assuming this is intended simply as a temporary feed to the new
panel? Be sure you use adequately-sized cable to feed it -- don't try
to "get by" w/ something too small just because it's temporary and
short-time expected...