Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default Metal roof shingles

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
news:7%2Nj.52847$Cj7.2167@pd7urf2no...
Hi,
The one shaped like roof tiles. Epoxy granules on metal sheets.
Are they any good? Any one has it on his roof?
Comment?
TIA,

I've seen the ones that look like wooden shakes - sort of. Kinda cluky
looking but they should outlast fiberglass singles. At least that's what I
tend to think. But when I looked into standing seamed metal roofing I was
disappointed to find that the color is only rated for 20 years. Having to
repaint that much roof area would offset any postential savings that the
life of the steel would give. I haven't crunced any numbers and I'm not
quite sure how I would do that, what with projecting the price of an
appropriate paint twenty years out. A lot of help, aren't I -ugh!