Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Spark from ground wire normal?

On Apr 15, 5:40*pm, wrote:
On Apr 15, 6:02*pm, wrote:

Hi I was just removing a heater from the wall, had the right fuse out
and I got a big spark from the ground wire to the screwdriver when I
started to unsrew the ground. Is that normal? No juice in any of the
wires now including the ground.

I'm not that handy so I was just wondering. Thanks.

Thanks all for your ideas, there was no carpet and it was an electric
baseboard heater. When I touched the ground there was a spark, I
didn't feel a shock and all 3 wires are dead to the touch now. Like I
said I had the fuse out. It was a battery operated screwdriver. It was
weird. No idea what caused it.

I heard of an unknown " short" in my city costing a guy 150 kwh a
month, [if I got the kwh # right, or about $26.00 a month at todays
prices , I think, untill a plumber nearly died redoing the main meter
from the shock by removing the ground wire. Do your own energy audit,
and be carefull. Or call an electrician or the electric co, Shorts
happen.....