Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default need help choosing a toilet

On Apr 14, 9:51Â*pm, " wrote:
On Apr 13, 9:50�pm, wrote:

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 15:10:47 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
On Apr 13, 5:44?pm, "EXT" wrote:
I have excellent experiences with Toto "Drake" toilets. Keep in mind that
most models of toilets are available in round or elongated versions. If a
male is going to be using it, they will appreciate the elongated versions as
round ones are usually so short that parts of the male anatomy will come in
contact with the interior porcelain surface, which is both uncomfortable and
unsanitary.

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in ...

On 04/13/08 03:41 pm toecheese wrote:

I need to replace the toilet in an upstairs, second story bathroom.. ?I'd
like to get a low-flow tank to save water but I don't want to end up with
one that won't have enough water pressure to properly flush without
clogging all the time. ?Is there any kind of minimum gallons per flush or
anything else like that I should be looking for?

AFAIK, 1.6 gall per flush is the max. available now, and I think I've seen
some that are 1.4 gall per flush.

I think there are also dual-flush models that will use less than 1.6 (or
1.4) galls for liquid-only flushing.

Our American Standard "Champion" toilets (1.6 gall) are fine and have
never had to be flushed more than once. There may be cheaper ones that
work as well.

Perce- Hide quoted text -

avoid the power flush models at all costs unless you live alone.

they sound like a jet engine on takeoff.......

we replaced our water waster years ago and i regret that a lot.

lets just say that my output can be large diameter and hard at times,
whicjh clogs toilet......

the old water piggie had no trouble in all those years.

one day i will go to canada and bring back a regular water waster,
they are still sold in canada, and can be bought on e bay

At least the power flush models flush. �I'd rather hear the noise than
use a plunger every time I take a ****.- Hide quoted text -

say that if you have a big family or a small child and do you want to
wake people up all nite long, with a jet engine starting?- Hide quoted text -

-

A Power Flush? a compressed tank is noise when rele
, I have one, everyone knows when a crap has been acomplished within 5
miles.