Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default need help choosing a toilet

On Apr 13, 6:21*pm, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:
* * If you are in the US the only thing you will find are water savers..
Don't go for the cheapest one there or for the fancy looks. *Look for a
fully glazed trap (that means the passage is slick like glass rather than
like heavy duty sandpaper in the cheap models. *Also look for the larger
trap size, it is far less likely to clog. *Once you have it, train the
family to hold the handle down for the heavier loads, that will increase the
water used for just that flush.

"toecheese" wrote in message

I need to replace the toilet in an upstairs, second story bathroom. *I'd
like to get a low-flow tank to save water but I don't want to end up with
one that won't have enough water pressure to properly flush without
clogging all the time. *Is there any kind of minimum gallons per flush or
anything else like that I should be looking for?

--
Joseph Meehan

*Dia 's Muire duit

The HD Glacier bay may be the cheapest , but it works, with its
superduper large, micron superduper glazed, real slick, slippery
lubbed "Super Trap" tm, its been tested by my mexicans drinking alot
of Tequila, eating bean burritos, Habanerros , and beans for a year x
12 units without a clog, second flush, or even a complaint. [ Bet
they didnt want the embarsasment] Yea, Chinas cheaper China is
cheap, but they said. " any load goes and flows, even 2 elephant`s
asses worth" they said that, and I believed them, Gee thats a room
full ! For only 59.95 Without Rebate on an old unit, I was sold !.
In China they call them "**** Suckers" since there are few toilets in
China , even the olympics were to be a hole to sqaut into. , its
called taking a Dump there.