Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default TELEVISION REPAIR?

William Hufham wrote:
My home recently burned and I lost everything. Because of the loss and
expense of replacement I had to buy a tv from a pawn shop. It worked
fine for about 2 weeks. Now the (webtv) color will just pop off. I
would turn off the webtv and the tv would have color again, Without
the webtv turned on the color is fine on the tv However I hooked the
webtv to a 13" tv and the webtv works great. The reason I think it is
the tv is because of other problems with the tv. 1( When I cut off
the tv (after it has been on awhile) if I cut it right back on the
picture will be scrambled. I have to cut off the tv and wait at least
10 minutes before I can cut the tv on again and get a clear picture.
I have also noticed that the tv is now making a vibrating noise for a
few seconds and then stops then comes again, Is this something that
should be repaired or is it something expensive? I like the tv but
don't want to put too much into it. Thank You -William (from Carolina
Beach NC)

I'm sure the pawn shop from which you purchased the defective unit will
cheerfully refund your money or trade the TV for one of similar or greater
value. Here's the way to do it:

You: "Do you sell guns?"

Pawn shop: "Yes, we have several nice ones for sale. Are you interested in a
pistol?"

You: "We'll get to that in a minute. First I want to talk to you about this
****ty TV you sold me."