Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Energy savings of a ' fridge

On Apr 12, 7:09*pm, Richard J Kinch wrote:
ransley writes:
1$ a day! not for a new unit, Get a Kill a watt meter and test one,

I have actual engineering instrumentation and tests, not that toy.

Typical is $1/day.

That "Toy" as you call the KAW meter has quite a few reviews online
stating accuracy is very, very good. I suspect your instrument is off,
or your frige on the bum, since my tests, done on several friges
conform to my utility bill at $0.13 kwh. Even an old unit I have, came
up after a 4 day test at around $11 a month. If yours is really 1$ a
day at near 0.13-$0.16 kwh then something, or a few things are wrong,
Like your defrost timer is locked on defrost sucking an easy extra
600watts all the time, or freon is low so it never shuts off. $5 a
month is an accurate figure a new 19.5 cu ft top freezer uses. I had a
unit stuck on defrost from a broken clock, it took an extra 5-600
watts, those months we wasted maybe 50$ a month.