Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eregon Eregon is offline

Default $4 dollar gas and its effects on metalworking

Too_Many_Tools wrote in
:

On Apr 13, 8:46*pm, Eregon wrote:
clare at snyder dot ontario dot canada wrote
innews:dd5504p0etbfj4o56irca4

:

And when CEOs make billions for loosing 10s of billions of dollars
you KNOW the economy is in a HUGE world of hope.

"HOPE"? I don't THINK so!

"HURT" is much more like it!

When CEOs start to settle for a reasonable level of pay companies
can afford to manufacture things here again, and workers can work
for an "honest" wage, and not see the extreme difference between
what they earn PRODUCING and what CEOs earn screwing things up.

CEOs are like Doctors in that they have to make all of their money in
a very short period.

CEOs are unlike Doctors in that they don't have irrationally-high
Liabilit

Insurance payments that have to come out of their own pockets.

Still, a CEO is usually paid according to a Legal Contract between
him/herself and an employer. These contracts often have "Performance"
clauses based NOT on the profitability of the company but upon the
revenue

and/or stock performance of the company.

The best-known high-dollar payouts have been the result of a CEO's
firing when the company had to buy-out the CEO's contract.

FWIW, most of the bitching I've seen about CEO payscales seems to
come fro

individuals who couldn't do a CEO's job and are simply jealous that
THEY couldn't collect that much money. evil grin

Incorrect.

If they were based on performance we would not see time and again CEOs
raping a company and taking a golden parachute worth tens/hundreds of
millions on their way out.

TMT

Sure we would - it's in their CONTRACT! G