Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default $4 dollar gas and its effects on metalworking

"Bill" wrote in message
. 97.142...
Citizen Jimserac wrote in news:9aee4af6-228a-410b-
:

On Apr 14, 1:51 am, Gunner Asch wrote:

DINOSAUR POLITICS!

What a delightful characterization of
your position.

I will leave you with a sample of the depth of "strategy"
of our commander (sic) in chief:
"We've gotta stop them over there BEFORE they
come over here".

You don't have to be a liberal to see how STUPID
THAT is.

Citizen Jimserac

No, but you have to be a liberal to be stupid enough to make such a
statement.

How in your view is stopping them before they come over here and blow up
more stuff and kill more civilians a lack of depth in strategy?? If
someone tells me that they are going to kill my family and blow up my
house
I'm not going to wait until it happens, I'm going to make sure one way or
another it CAN'T happen.

Because there's nothing stopping them *now* from coming over here and
blowing up more stuff. And there are fewer trained people here now to stop
them. Our defensive resources are busy, over there.

Bill, the whole idea that we're "stopping them" over there, so they won't
come over here, may be the stupidist strategy idea in the history of the US.
The people we're stopping "over there" aren't the same people who would come
over here, in the first place. Fighting them over there just increases their
incentive to strike over here. And we're wasting our resources fighting
thousands of them over there, when what we really need to do is to protect
against perhaps dozens of them attacking over here. See 9/11 for reference.

--
Ed Huntress