Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Craig M Craig M is offline

Default Flickering lights on one circuit

I have seen same thing happen in offices and other places where copiers are
used, its funny how many power drawing devices some people plug into the
same line the copier is on, have seen once a HP laser printer, and a copier
on the same circuit, the copier draws 12 amps, plate on the back shows that,
laser printer draws 11.2 amps as I recalled, tried to tell the people in the
office this was not good,
they did not belive me till I hit the copy button while the printer was
printing, yepp...tripped the breaker, they re-located the printer next day.

If you can get it to a line by its self it will help.

"James" wrote in message
. ..
Craig, I think that you are exactly right. I think that when the laser
fax
is in "sleep" mode, it doesn't use much power....... but in just
Standby,
I bet that lamp does come on and off, as you said.

I did an experiment this evening. I watched the fax, to see when it went
into sleep mode. AFter it does go into sleep, my lights don't flicker. I
had not noted that before. I think this is the cure (or answer) to this
problem.

Thanks to Craig and to all others ! I think all of the points made were
good points, and things to think about.

James