Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Bathroom wall coverings?

"Ivan Vegvary" wrote in message
news:h3wMj.4052$gT3.2899@trndny02...
I've heard of Corian. What other products (brand names?) are there out
there that imitate marble or granite?

I would like to buy large sheets of marble-like material and don't know
what they are called and therefore where to find them. The home clubs
(Home Depot, Lowe's) have nothing other than el-cheepo tileboard and
pre-made tub surrounds. The pre-made stuff seems too plastic like and
flimsy.

Product selections greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ivan Vegvary

I don't know the name either, but there is some stuff made that resembles
marble that is not cheep. It may be called cultured marble. It is mixed up
like epoxie glue and pored into forms. I had a shower made of it. Also had
the bathroom sink made out of it. Not sure how large it can be made, but
the shower has panels about 3 feet wide and 6 feet tall.