Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default Table Saw recommendation needed please.

"S. Barker" wrote in message
I don't need cabinet makers grade. I just want one that is a 10" and has a
fence that doesn't have to be dicked with every dam time to keep it square.
I have this POS rockwell I paid WAY too much for at an auction, and it
just has to go. The fence is not worth the powder and shot it would take
to blow it across the street. Something currently on the market new for
$350 - $450 would be what i will be shopping for.

Any suggestions , or units to avoid?

thanks!

steve barker

Ridgid's TS 2410 (portable contractor type) and the 3650 (now, the 3660)
also received very good reviews. I have owned the later for 3 years and it
cuts through 1.5" cherry with no trouble, using a better blade than the
stock one. The Cummin's traveling tool show is an approved retailer of the
reconditioned machines and I've seen the 3650 in the $450 range thru them.
They also go on sale at Home Depot for $499 several times a year. I haven't
paid attention to the 2410 but I was surprised at how highly rated it was.
Being the 'baby brother' of the two it should be selling in the mid $300
range. As mentioned, the Jet and the Grizz lines are very good saws. Best
of luck to you.