Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default need help choosing a toilet

On 04/13/08 03:41 pm toecheese wrote:

I need to replace the toilet in an upstairs, second story bathroom. I'd
like to get a low-flow tank to save water but I don't want to end up
with one that won't have enough water pressure to properly flush without
clogging all the time. Is there any kind of minimum gallons per flush
or anything else like that I should be looking for?

AFAIK, 1.6 gall per flush is the max. available now, and I think I've
seen some that are 1.4 gall per flush.

I think there are also dual-flush models that will use less than 1.6 (or
1.4) galls for liquid-only flushing.

Our American Standard "Champion" toilets (1.6 gall) are fine and have
never had to be flushed more than once. There may be cheaper ones that
work as well.

Perce