Posted to alt.home.repair
William Hufham William Hufham is offline

Default TELEVISION REPAIR?

My home recently burned and I lost everything. Because of the loss and
expense of replacement I had to buy a tv from a pawn shop. It worked
fine for about 2 weeks. Now the (webtv) color will just pop off. I would
turn off the webtv and the tv would have color again, Without the webtv
turned on the color is fine on the tv However I hooked the webtv to a
13" tv and the webtv works great. The reason I think it is the tv is
because of other problems with the tv. 1( When I cut off the tv (after
it has been on awhile) if I cut it right back on the picture will be
scrambled. I have to cut off the tv and wait at least 10 minutes before
I can cut the tv on again and get a clear picture. I have also noticed
that the tv is now making a vibrating noise for a few seconds and then
stops then comes again, Is this something that should be repaired or is
it something expensive?*I like the tv but don't want to put too much
into it. Thank You -William (from Carolina Beach NC)