Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] vk3bfa@hotmail.com is offline

Default $4 dollar gas and its effects on metalworking

On Apr 14, 4:29 am, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 21:56:59 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
On Apr 9, 5:27 am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Well it looks like we will definitely see $4 dollar gas this summer.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080408/...and;_ylt=Alg4Q...

Any thoughts as to how this will affect us HSMers in the shop?

I already find myself limiting the distance I will drive to view,
purchase and pickup machines and supplies for my shop.

TMT

Wow, $4 a gallon! - thats a really good price, where can I get some? -
here in OZ its $5.30 a gallon, and climbing. Predicted to be $5.67 by
end of next week - something to do with the price of crude in
Singapore going up.) Must be those pesky liberals again, making life
difficult for you guys...

(Gunner will respond with "proof" that this is so....)

Andrew VK3BFA.

Lefties will of course blame this on Bush.

Gunner

That would be far too simplistic Gunner - comforting, yes, but
accurate - no. He is just one silly person , the nominal head of a
whole system that has the planet drowning in its own garbage.
Replacing Mr Bush with "someone else" would make no difference.

But if you feel comfortable blaming left or right, thats fine -
nothing said here can change your mind in any way beyond reinforcing
lifelong beliefs.

Interestingly enough, the younger people are increasingly blaming our
generation for the mess the world is in. They don't get bogged down in
dinosaur politics - its irrelevant to them - they just damn us all! -
as long as we can find a convenient left/right scapegoat to absolve us
from actually taking any real responsibility at a personal level, they
may well be right.

Andrew VK3bFA.