Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Table Saw recommendation needed please.

"Boden" wrote in message

I don't know anything about your saw, but if the saw itself is adequate
and the fence is lousy you might want to consider just replacing the
fence. I have a Delta contractor's saw that I bought 15 to 20 years ago.
The fence was useless. I added a Delta Unifence (there may be better
fences today) and added a Uni-T fence to it.
I can set this fence with an accuracy & precision of less than 1/128"

http://www.ptreeusa.com/uni_t_fence.htm

I'd guess that I have $350-450 invested in my fence but it was worth it.

Boden

Thanks for your reply. I dont' think too much of the saw itself either.
it's a direct drive, spins about a million rpm, and is gutless.

steve