Posted to alt.home.repair
larry larry is offline

Default Google made Usenet popular

wrote:

On 10 Apr 2008 01:19:07 GMT, Jim Yanik wrote:

Terry wrote in
m:

Now it is Google taking it down.
If enough groups ban Google posters we can have Usenet back.

All I did was to use my score file and killed googlegroups.
that got rid of 99.9% of the crap posts. Then I killscored @gmail.com,and
got rid of those.Things are better now.

The only time I see them is from somebody else's response to them.
if no one responds to the googleposters,then they will fade away.

I added all messages from gmail.com and hardly saw any of this crap.
I removed that filter thinking I might be missing some valid gmail
users. I instantly saw about 50 spams just on this newsgroup. I just
put the gmail filter back. The way I see it, valid users really need
to start looking for another email provider or else no one will see
their posts.

Actually, I filter out all gmail/groups and let other folks
filter the gmail posts. If it was a post of worthy, others
reply and quote the OP. Of course there are those that
quote the spam, thinking spammers can read ;-) Yeah, like
they read the 32179 groups they spam.

I also have a filter to pass a list of the ole regulars that
use gmail.

-- larry/dallas