Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] vk3bfa@hotmail.com is offline

Default $4 dollar gas and its effects on metalworking

On Apr 13, 6:21 pm, "Jeff R." wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in .com...

wrote:
On Apr 9, 5:27 am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Well it looks like we will definitely see $4 dollar gas this summer.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080408/...and;_ylt=Alg4Q...

Any thoughts as to how this will affect us HSMers in the shop?

I already find myself limiting the distance I will drive to view,
purchase and pickup machines and supplies for my shop.

TMT

Wow, $4 a gallon! - thats a really good price, where can I get some? -
here in OZ its $5.30 a gallon,

And your dollar is actually worth something.

...and our gallon is bigger.

--
Jeff R.
(but we don't like to brag)

Dunno - I know the American Gallon is "different" - I used 3.78 litres
as an equivalent. Our dollar is worth 90c American - its not getting
worth more, yours is going down against the rest of the world. This is
good for me, I can afford to buy Chinese tools cheaper from the states
than I can here...(go figure THAT one!) - now, if your postage prices
were not so outrageous....(bloody liberals again...)

Andrew VK3BFA.