Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default $4 dollar gas and its effects on metalworking

On Apr 12, 10:56*pm, "John R. Carroll"
On Apr 9, 5:27 am, Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Well it looks like we will definitely see $4 dollar gas this summer.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080408/...and;_ylt=Alg4Q....

Any thoughts as to how this will affect us HSMers in the shop?

I already find myself limiting the distance I will drive to view,
purchase and pickup machines and supplies for my shop.

TMT

Wow, $4 a gallon! - thats a really good price, where can I get some? -
here in OZ *its $5.30 a gallon,

And your dollar is actually worth something.

--

* * * * * *John R. Carroll
*www.machiningsolution.com

Correct.

Under Bush, the American dollar has declined by at least 40%.

If the Democrats had implemented a 40% tax, the conservatives would be
screaming.

The devaluation of the American dollar under this Administration has
caused all American assets held in dollars to tank.

The up side is that all the metal stock I own is worth more.

Why trade gold for food when you can offer something useful...like
brass dropoffs?

TMT