Posted to alt.home.repair
boden boden is offline

Default Table Saw recommendation needed please.

Pete C. wrote:

"S. Barker" wrote:

I don't need cabinet makers grade. I just want one that is a 10" and has a
fence that doesn't have to be dicked with every dam time to keep it square.
I have this POS rockwell I paid WAY too much for at an auction, and it just
has to go. The fence is not worth the powder and shot it would take to blow
it across the street. Something currently on the market new for $350 -
$450 would be what i will be shopping for.

Any suggestions , or units to avoid?

thanks!

steve barker

I'm mostly a metalworker, but I have one of the Bosch contractor type
portable table saws that I use for the odd woodworking project as well
as stuff like acrylic and UHMW stock, and it does a good job.

I don't know anything about your saw, but if the saw itself is adequate
and the fence is lousy you might want to consider just replacing the
fence. I have a Delta contractor's saw that I bought 15 to 20 years
ago. The fence was useless. I added a Delta Unifence (there may be
better fences today) and added a Uni-T fence to it.
I can set this fence with an accuracy & precision of less than 1/128"

http://www.ptreeusa.com/uni_t_fence.htm

I'd guess that I have $350-450 invested in my fence but it was worth it.

Boden