Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Electrical push connectors blow!

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 17:22:45 -0700, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

On 4/12/2008 4:31 PM Bill Stock spake thus:

I finished wiring up my 3 way switches I asked about a while ago, but the
one switch only worked in one position. I assumed I had a common and
traveller reversed somewhere, but the wiring seemed fine. I finally pulled
both switches to check continuity and the same push connector was bad on
both switches, as well as a third switch I have for another circuit. I
changed to the screw connectors on both switches and all is beautiful now!

Thanks to Terry and RBM for the original help. I did end up cutting out the
entire ceiling betyween the two fixtures as you suggested. :-)

Note to self: Never use those stupid push connectors. That's what
[insert name of deity here] made the screw connectors for.

I think I used them when I made some changes when I first moved in. I
thought I was being modern. I think we're only talking about at most
5 receptacles and 2 switches, all in one room.