Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Are we the only ones getting screwed ?????

In article ,
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 10:57:02 -0700, aspasia wrote:

I generally fly first class and they treat me fine.

Apres toi, le deluge!

Aspasia

A first class train ride will cost a lot more than a first class plane
ride.
The discount price on a train will be more than the discount price on
a plane and you will be in the cattle car for 3 days to get across the
country. I'm sure Americans who think the microwave is too slow will
be linng up for the train.

The key AISI is using appropriate technology for the task at hand.
Taking a train across the country may not have many advantages. But for
some shorter trips, a train may be the fastest, easiest, and least
expensive way to get from A to B.

California is planning to build a high speed rail line from San Diego to
San Francisco. A trip from LA to SF will take less than 2 1/2 hrs. You
could scarcely get to LAX, find a place to park, check-in, go through
security, board a plane, and wait for it to take off in that amount of
time. The trains will also help to relieve congestion on the freeways
and airports.