Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Electrical push connectors blow!

"Bill Stock" wrote in
:

I finished wiring up my 3 way switches I asked about a while ago, but
the one switch only worked in one position. I assumed I had a common
and traveller reversed somewhere, but the wiring seemed fine. I
finally pulled both switches to check continuity and the same push
connector was bad on both switches, as well as a third switch I have
for another circuit. I changed to the screw connectors on both
switches and all is beautiful now!

Thanks to Terry and RBM for the original help. I did end up cutting
out the entire ceiling betyween the two fixtures as you suggested. :-)

Guess you didn't mention you would be backstabbing it to hook it up. If
you did you would have got many one word replies - "Don't".

Someone please tell me why they even put that options on?! They are
notorious for failing as well as a fire and safety bombshell waiting to
go off, yet, code must allow it.