Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Matt W. Barrow Matt W. Barrow is offline

Default Flickering lights on one circuit

"Craig M" wrote in message
. ..
First thing, get the laser printer on a circuit by it's self, if all
posible, as a copier tech, I can tell you they do pull some power, even
the small ones, its the heater lamp(s) in them, some as high as 1000 watts
when printing, even in sleep mode, that lamp does cycle on and off to keep
the fuser at a pre-heat temp so it will come up to ready in a reasonable
time, so this could be your flickering lamp problem.

Indeed.

"Sleep" mode does not mean it's completely powered down, just as being
asleep at night doesn't mean you're dead. Hopefully.

"James" wrote in message
Yes, I do have a laser printer plugged in to this circuit.

I know it draws a lot of current when operating, but mostly it is in the
sleep mode.

James