Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graz Graz is offline

Default Removing chuck from Black & Decker drill?

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:51:35 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember (Graz) saying
something like:

In any event, I was under the misguided impression that all Jacobs
chucks were alike. The one that came off the drill had a half-inch
threaded stub attached, the one I was hoping to replace it with
didn't.

See if the stub unscrews from the chuck.

I thought of that - and perhaps it will - but I didn't want to risk
damaging the thread. I assume it's a standard right hand thread,
same as the stub itself.