Posted to alt.home.repair
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Energy savings of a ' fridge

wrote

I think we can all agree that opening the doors is a big factor in how
much energy is going to be used. So, per your example, let's say
model A according to the EPA test uses $200 a year to operate and unit
B uses $100. But that's without opening the doors. Now we don't
know exactly how opening and closing the doors is going to affect both
refrigerators. It could very well be that model A now uses $275 to
operate, while unit B uses $150. So, model A is actually only a
factor of 1.8 better.

I think based on my web page reading they do in fact test door openings etc
on all of them as a standard.