Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
Matt W. Barrow Matt W. Barrow is offline

Default Flickering lights on one circuit

"RBM" wrote in message

"James" wrote in message
. ..

First thing you want to do is identify everything on that circuit. If
outlets other than the lights in that room don't cause flicker, the
problem isn't at the panel. If the lights are ceiling lights, and
controlled by a switch or dimmer, I'd check there. You need to give more
info about the lights, such as the type. If they're low voltage and
controlled by a dimmer, that could be an issue as well

And, are they other lights in the house doing likewise? It might be that
it's only noticeable in that room. For example, my den shares a wall with
the kitchen and when the refrigerator kicks in there's a barely noticeable
dimming of the overhead light for about one second.

JAT.