Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Thermostat for electric baseboard heat

"Christopher Nelson" wrote in message
I have electric baseboard heat in one room with a thermostat on the
wall but the thermostat appears to be 15 degrees F off! If I set it
for 55, the room ends up 70. Is it reasonably likely that I can pull
off the knob and move it so the little pointer points to the real
temperature or is it likely I have to replace the thermostat? Or is
there some other calibration procedure I can follow?

Typical pos bi-metal electric heat thermostats are inaccurate but
consistent. Many don't even try to use temperature settings, but numbers
like 1 to 10. Whatever temperature #6 gives you, it will consistently give
you. Yes, you can bend the pointer or whatever, or just see if whatever
temperature you set it at, it's consistent, then compensate for it