Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
EXT EXT is offline

Default Questions: Bosch 1132VSR, Makita DA3000R

"Limp Arbor" wrote in message
I'm in the market for one of these or any other small right-angle
drill.

Bosch 1132VSR:
Is the on-off switch a slide type switch?

The paddle slides from a lock position to a press in position, the more you
press the faster it goes, release it and it returns to the lock position. On
the back end is a speed dial that controls the maximum speed. On the top is
the forward/reverse switch.

Does the switch turn off when you let go or do you have to pull it
back?
(you could really get jammed up if it is not a momentary on switch)
Is there a second handle or a threaded hole to add one?

There is no place to add a handle however the body is at 90 degrees to the
drill shank and is long enough that it has been no problem holding on to it.

It worked for me in a very difficult location, trying to feed some wires
above the basement wall, between two close joists and drilling up behind the
drywall, while trying to reach over a cabinet installed on the wall flush
with the ceiling with very little room to see what I was doing.

(doesn't look like it from the picture)

Makita DA3000R:
Did Makita add the hole for the handle ot take it away?
(the picture on Amazon doesn't have it but the one at Tyler does)
http://www.amazon.com/Makita-DA3000R.../dp/B00002269W
http://www.tylertool.com/makda338vsra.html
(different model number at Tyler DA3010F)

Dewalt 960:
Is this a 'real' DeWalt tool or the crappy 18V drill I bought at
Lowes for $99

Others:
I can't use the Milwaukee or other 1/2 r-angle drills because I only
have 7" to work in
recommendations?