Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Are we the only ones getting screwed ?????

Larry Caldwell wrote:
I spent 3 months in Europe on a Eurail pass in 1986. I never got on the
high speed trains, but the typical commuter train ran about 80 in
between stations. Express trains didn't go much faster, they just
didn't stop as often. The real advantage of rail travel over air is the
comfort. Air travel is an ordeal, rail travel is a pleasure.

We took the "Chunnel" across the channel to/return Paris/London in '99 I
believe was last time.

It runs max of 100+ but on the time we were on had speed restrictions of
30 for track conditions in an area (I forget just where). So, even
there they still have maintenance issues...