Posted to alt.home.repair
Roof Time LLC Roof Time LLC is offline

Default New roof pricing - any guides? Links?

On Apr 9, 1:42*am, "StarMan" wrote:
Anyone know of any sources where to look for general pricing of new roofs
for various types of roofing and various size homes?

I got an estimate which was higher than I imagined yet it might be in line..
I'd like to get a general idea what the range ofroofcosts would be.

I don't need anything too specific; just to get a "feel" for what quality
work is going for.

Hmmmm.....I do not know of any source for getting you some pricing,
posted on the Internet........but ingeneral a quote is devided by
threes...not 10's like the fool who said you could do it yourself for
1/10th the cost....he must think YOUR labor is worth nothing...and the
materials are only 1/10 of the bid...LOL I WISH we could get that
kind of mark-up! The 30 year shingles are running about 55 per
square....felt is 4 per square....two boxes of nails is 60...then you
have any metal work...valley,step,counters,chimneys...do you need
iceguard?? Is it a tearoff?? What is the material going into...can
your driveway handle the weight?
In general you can take the lenght of your house times the width times
1.04 to get the GENERAL squares of the roof...multiply that by
300.....that should get you into the range of the roofs cost value to
a contractor....but I stress that it is a GENRAL way of getting the
range........if you want to email me a pic of your home...i could get
you a better idea of the jobs value.....

Good Luck form Roof TIME LLC/ Cincinnati