Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Gorilla Tape

On Apr 11, 1:29*am, "SteveB" wrote:
Bought some today and put it on. *Seemed just like duct tape to me. *Now
I'll just see how long it lasts and how good it holds up. *I'm using it on a
3" section of welding cable that got shorted and melted the coating.

Time will tell. *In the meantime, I'm sure there will be other trials. *I
took off a piece of red duct tape I put on a cable a couple of weeks ago to
mark. *The tape had already started to frazzle, and I had to use Goof Off to
get the slimy glue off the outside of the cable.

Steve

I had to use Goof Off to get the slimy glue off the outside of the
cable.

Lighter fluid (e.g. Ronsonal ) and/or WD-40 work great for removing
the adhesives left behind by labels, tape, etc.

Usually cheaper and certainly gentler to the surrounding surfaces than
Goof Off.

Just trying to help.

Sincerely,
DH