Posted to alt.home.repair
glen stark glen stark is offline

Default Are we the only ones getting screwed ?????

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:37:03 -0500, gfretwell wrote:

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 09:46:11 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

taxpayers pay for roads...........

railroads have to pay for rails........

made rail cost more for many years.

I guess you missed the creation of Conrail and Amtrack Uncle sam has
been maintaining rails since the Carter administration

rail lines should be electrified

They are in the places that make sense to do it. Mostly the NE corridor

You should read the wikipedia entry on Amtrak. Amtrak is held to much
more stringent self sufficiency requirements than either the airline
system or the automobile systems, which are very highly subsidized.

glen
www.glenstark.net